Tuesday, July 19, 2011

the universe can always wait on awesome

it dawned on me the other day that it is foolish of me to think that i can keep doing the same things and expect different results than i've had before. in the past,as most of you know, i have found myself rushing into romantic relationships only to find that in the end all it gets me is an empty pint of ice cream, overplayed alicia keys albums, and piles of used up tissue. point blank: the shit doesn't work.

and so this brings me to my next point...over the past couple of months the universe has graced me with the presence of this absolutely awesome dude. he's probably the sweetest, most genuine guy i've ever met. that damn kool-aid smile just won't go away when he's around. i think i've been kinda impatient with him, tryin to scoot things along far too quickly. that's done. i refuse to rush things. like a good wine, the best things in life always take time. things will get where they are supposed to be when they are supposed to get there. in the meantime, i will enjoy every second of the kool-aid smile inducing time that i get to spend with him. without worrying about when i can change my facebook relationship status. awesome doesn't need labels. and besides, the universe can always wait on awesome...

No comments:

Post a Comment